Home About Out and About Events

Out-of-school careHome-based educators can also provide out-of-school care for school aged children at the same time as home-based ECE, as long as certain conditions[2] are met.  The Ministry of Social Development subsidises out of school care for some families through the out-of-school care (OSCAR) subsidy.  Home-based out-of-school care providers must also be licensed home-based ECE services to receive the OSCAR subsidy.

Out-of-school care provided by home-based ECE is also being looked at as part of the review.


[2] If you want more information about these conditions they are outlined here